Monday, October 29, 2007

All about Sam

Okay... already. Here is what my two and a half year old is up to these days.
Sam continues to thoroughly enjoy school and is quite the lady's man with a handful of girlfriends. Let's see, there is Ashlyn from school; Ashlee from KidsClub at the gym; Katie, his good friend and first love, and Miss Debbie, a friend of my mom's whom Sam seems to have fallen for. He continues to test me daily and challenges my simple requests of him with a "no" and a sly little smile. He is however a sparkle in my daily routine and usually puts the first smile of the day on my face when he wanders in to our room in the morning and says, "Hi, mom...I'm awake!" I was so excited last week when I won a radio contest of sorts. It was the family name game on our local Christian radio station, and the name of the morning was Samuel. I was the right caller and "won" the opportunity to go on the air and "brag" on my son. How fun was it to get to tell the thousands of listeners all about why my Sammy is so special to us. It came to me as I was talking how perfectly made Sam is as a brother for Andrew. I realized that the areas that Andrew needs strengthening (speech and language, social skills, emotions and empathy) are the very areas in which Sam seems to be gifted. Just goes to show you that The Creator knows all and what an incredible example that is in these two brothers!
I really hope I can get some pictures up soon, as Sam is choosing to be a Care Bear for Halloween. I tried to sway him to be a ninja, or Thomas the Train, or Tigger. "No," says my little boy, " I want to be a Care Bear!" .... how fitting;)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Love the summaries of your boys and yes - they are growing in leaps and bounds! It really is amazing how God does provide the right sibling for our first-borns and for our own sanity! :-) Katie really enjoyed her dates with Sam last week!

Katrina said...

Sam is a perfect Care Bear. But from what I've heard over the phone, sometimes he's also quite a little monster...

Linda K said...

Hey, Christa - I love the updates on the boys. As we get closer to Thanksgiving, I'm already looking towards 2008 when we can all be together in the Smoky Mountains. Give all three of your guys a big hug from Aunt Linda. Love you lots.