Monday, October 29, 2007

All About Andrew

My firstborn baby...already four and a half! Andrew continues to be the happy-go-lucky free spirit of the Gonzalez family. Life is good and school is cool. I don't think Andrew would mind if school was 7 days a week! He's really into playing with Sam and I've even caught him reading his little brother a book...one of the best mommy moments yet! He's got a laugh that would cheer up anyone and a smile that's almost contagious. This little cuddle bug of ours is such that I want to keep a little Andrew like this around forever, yet I know its inevitable that he will continue to grow and become a big hairy, smelly boy like his daddy! (chuckle) Speaking of growing, Andrew is doing so by leaps and bounds lately in his development. We've noticed over the past few weeks, he's starting to use more new words and entirely original phrases without prompting from anyone. For example, while Andrew and Daddy were looking for a favorite bedtime toy, Demel kept saying "where's Tad, Andrew...where did he go?" To which the Andrew just two months ago would have most likely just echoed what Daddy said, shocked Demel when he commented back, "I can't find him." Trust me, this is a HUGE milestone and cause for celebration. Things are starting to happen and to say that we are ecstatic is an understatement!!! Amazing things that Andrew is doing.... reading, counting to 100 in sign language and into the hundreds verbally and can read numbers such as 689,342 with ease, appears to have quite an ear for music as he can carry a tune and stay in the same key that he started in (mommy is sooo proud of this), and can identify about eight states and can locate them on a globe along with locating the United States of America and Africa.
This ball of nonstop energy is going to appropriately be a race car driver for Halloween. I guess for a boy who loves to do anything but be still and loves going in circles, the actual race car would have been a better reflection of him, but I suppose the costume might have been a bit more complicated and cumbersome.

3 comments:

Amanda Lomonaco said...

wOOhooooo! A Christa update. Great to hear about your precious boys and you. Miss you!!

michael said...

Dressing up as a car is possible and maybe even purchasable. We recently went to a Halloween event near us and saw a kid dressed up as Lightning Mcqueen from the movie 'Cars'.

Great update about the boys. How are you guys doing, and when are you moving to NorCal?

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Loved these cute posts about your boys. Yesterday when I asked Lucas who he liked to play with the best he said Andrew. Thinking that he was talking about a little baby that just came over with his mommy on a playdate, I wondered why he picked him. I asked him which Andrew and he took me to the picture on the fridge of your boys and pointed to Sam. So my boy likes your boy best!

Time for a new update. I want to see your haircut.